Daily Current Affairs 16th March 2023: Key Events and News
Daily Current Affairs is an essential part of staying informed and up-to-date with the latest happenings around the world. It is important to keep oneself updated with current affairs, as it helps in building a broad perspective on various subjects, improves one’s knowledge, and helps in competitive exams.
This article provides a comprehensive coverage of the Daily Current Affairs for March 16, 2023. From political to economic to sports and entertainment, this article covers all the major events and news from various fields.
Daily Current Affairs 16th March 2023
India and World Bank signed a loan agreement
- India and the World Bank have signed a loan agreement to set up the Green National Highway Corridor Project in the states of Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
- An agreement has been signed to build 781 kilometers of highway corridors in these states with the help of a loan of 500 million dollars.
Basic Animal Husbandry Statistics-2022 released
- Union Minister Shri Parshottam Rupala released the annual publication of the department ‘Basic Livestock Statistics 2022’.
- This publication provides a brief overview of the animal husbandry sector based on important livestock statistics such as livestock numbers, livestock production and other information such as animal diseases, infrastructure.
- The total milk production of the country in 2021-22 is 221.06 million tonnes.
- In the current year 2021-22, milk production has recorded an annual growth rate of 5.29%.
List of most polluted cities in the world
- 12 cities in India feature in the list of most polluted cities in Asia. The ICFU research company from Switzerland conducted a study on the world’s most polluted cities.
- According to the study, 12 of the top 15 most polluted cities are from India. As a result, India tops the list of most polluted cities in the world.
Organic Farming Policy – Launched by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin
- Chief Minister Stalin released the ‘Tamil Nadu Organic Farming Policy 2023′ to promote agriculture. The aim is to promote exports and increase farmers’ income.
- Organic farming practices include soil fertility conservation, biodiversity conservation and provision of safe, healthy food.
“Mega”Food park contracts for 16 cold storages
- Union Minister of State for Food Prahalad Singh Patel said that a mega food park in Tamil Nadu has been approved for 16 cold storages.
- Out of which, 16 integrated cold storage facilities, 11 agro processing units, 32 agro food processing units, 9 production and marketing linkages for agricultural produce and 2 vegetable markets have been approved.
The Union Minister inaugurated “AgriUnifest” in Bangalore.
- Union Minister Mr. Shri Narendra Singh Tomar Tomar inaugurated the cultural program “AgriUnifest” organized by Bengaluru Agricultural University in collaboration with Indian Institute of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- More than 2500 talented students from 60 State Agricultural Universities and Net Universities participated.The All India Agricultural University Youth Festival is organized by ICAR with the aim of unifying Indian agriculture by merging Indian cultures.
Appointment of Deputy Solicitor General of High Court
- Advocate K. Govindarajan is appointed by the President as the Deputy Solicitor General of the Madurai Branch of the High Court. He will hold this position for three years
- Govindarajan hails from Kuluthlai in Karur district. He has 28 years of experience as a lawyer. He has been working in the Madras High Court since 1999 and in the High Court branches since 2004.
400 year old linga stamp stone found
- Ashoka Park is located in Basrur village of Kundapura taluk in Udupi district. During the renovation of this park, an ancient stone was discovered.
- The stone was revealed to be a 400 year old linga mudra stone. The stone had many shapes including sun, moon, Shiva linga mudra, Nandi.
World’s Richest Cricketers List Released
- The list of richest cricket celebrities in the world has been published. BCCI is the richest cricket board in the world. Indian cricketers including Virat Kohli and Dhoni will be leading the list.
- This time Australian player Adam Gill is at Christ’s top. Kill Christ is said to have a net worth of around 3120 crores.
National Vaccination Day
- National Vaccination Day is celebrated every year on March 16. This day is celebrated to create awareness and realize the importance of vaccination and with the aim of eradicating polio.