JKSSB Notes PDF JKSSB Download Link At End
This file covers Science and Technology related concepts that are repetitive in nature.
You should focus on the relevant topics only when they are in news.
• Intellectual property is a category of property that includes intangible creations of the human intellect.
• In simple terms, it refers to creations of the mind, such as
✓ literary & artistic works
✓ designs & symbols,
✓ names & images used in commerce.
• The main purpose of intellectual property law is to
✓ encourage the creation of a wide variety of intellectual goods &
✓ strike the right balance between the interests of innovators & wider public interest.
• The importance of IPR was first recognized in the
1. Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property (1883) &
2. Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary & Artistic Works(1886).
• Both are administered by World Intellectual Property Organization(WIPO).
• IPRs have been outlined in Article 27 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• WTO governs IPR through Trade Related Aspects of the Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS).
Trade Related Aspects of the Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
• TRIPS is an international agreement on intellectual property rights.
• The Agreement covers most forms of intellectual property including
: All Rights Reserved